One of the must see spots in Lombok for any traveler is Mount Rinjani. This active volcano is a place of worship among the people of Indonesia as well as a place of triumph. Some say that getting to the top and seeing Lombok from a height of 3,726 meters helps to put things into perspective.
You must go with a guide to climb Mount Rinjani. Most injuries and deaths on the mountain occur because tourists have chosen to climb the mountain without a guide. Even experienced climbers need a guide. There are many companies in Senaru where you can book trekking packages that include guides, porters, food, drink and gear.
You have a few booking options;
- Book online or over the phone first – this is a must in high season but you’ll end up paying a premium because most companies aren’t savvy enough to be online
- Book from your previous stop such as Kuta, the Gilis, Senggigi – if you negotiate you can get a good price and these packages will also include transport to the base camp and to your next destination after the trek
- Make your own way to the Senaru (basecamp) and book a tour there – this is the cheapest option but also means you make to find your own transport which can be difficult
Most companies offer 1, 2 & 3 night treks to either the summit (~3,700 m) or the lake (~2,700 m). The packages include porters who will carry sleeping bags, mattresses, tents, food and water for the entirety of the journey. You should just bring a small backpack with clothes for the trip including warm clothes as it gets very cold at night.
Top Mount Rinjani Hiking Tours
- Rudy Trekker
- Hiking and Trekking Mount Rinjani
- Mount Rinjani Trekking Tour
- Mount Rinjani Trekking Adventure
- Mount Rinjani 3 Night Tour
3 thoughts on “Climbing Mount Rinjani”
We trekked with one of your recommendations (Rudy Trekker) and had a wonderful experience! http://worldlynomads.com/index.php/rinjani-trekking/ https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/3bfbc23dfca1fb754a01fc2624e572df7bbdd9d0f032f7d83d2cee5fb0fb14c1.jpg
thanks for sharing thisinforations rinjani trekking