Update June 2018: Please note that this information might be out of date as we haven’t had time to check and rewrite it. To get the latest and best tourism information, please consider staying at Sari Inn where our manager Hamy would be happy to take care of you. Hamy worked for the Lombok Tourism commission for twenty years and drove for the former presidential family. He speaks good English and remains one of the top experts on the area.
If you are a thrill seeker out on holiday, then you may find yourself chasing the waves and braving the terrain. This area of Indonesia is known for the live volcano which is in the heart of the island and the surfing which is great year round. A less busy area than Bali, you can really connect with nature in a way that is unparalleled.
When you set out for a day of adventure in Kuta, you must know where you are headed. On this island there are so many things to do, you can get sidetracked if your destination is not planned out. For those that want to make the most of your trip, catch adventure on its heels at these local spots.
Adventure on the Water
From surfing to snorkeling to fishing, this island has a wealth of opportunity. Whether you are interested in challenging your core as you catch a barrel roll or challenging your arms as you reel in a big fish, the ability is there. Some of the top places to find adventure on the water include:
- Gili Islands: Perfect for fishing and surfing
- Senggigi: Great location for snorkeling and kayaking
- Kuta Bay: Great spot for beginners
- Desert Point: When your core is strong these are some of the longest waves around
- Mawi: Get ready to surf with speed
- Sunset Reef: Explore the land under the sea
- Air Wall: Great spot for snorkeling
- Shark Point: As the name implies, snorkel here with care
- Meninting Village: Take off on a fishing adventure from here
- Gili Trawangan: Head here to fish and make friends with the locals for great surfing
Adventure on Land
Mount Rinjani is a must see for anyone visiting Lombok. This land mass is the center of many religious festivals, provides nutrients for the crops such as garlic and vanilla and is home to many monkeys and other wildlife. If you are up for hours or days of hiking, explore one of these Mount Rinjani adventures:
- Pusuk Pass: Walk through some amazing waterfalls
- Monkey Forest
When you are seeking adventure, you can find it, no matter which direction you turn. From tours on foot, bicycle or boat to days spend surfing and snorkeling, a day on Lombok can certainly take you down the road less traveled.